Water is the most important substance to man. Imagine having to stay a whole day or two without drinking water or bathing. It has been found out that water makes up more than two-thirds of the human body. Due to urbanization and other factors, the rate of water pollution has increased drastically leaving our water sources polluted and unsafe for drinking. In order to assess clean and safe drinking water, one has to result to water purifiers and filters.
Benefits of a Water Purifier
Most times we see water looking very clear and transparent and we immediately assume it’s perfect for drinking. I don’t know about you but I’m guilty of that. The truth of the matter is that there are contaminants and chemicals that are invisible to the naked eye but they exist in our drinking water. Some are in small amounts and may not pose immediate risk but daily intake of such water for a long period of time poses a risk to our health. Regular consumption of water not only hydrates and quenches thirst but is also very good for our body; taking contaminated water will do more harm than good, that’s why a water purifier is necessary for every household.
According to studies and findings from various reliable sources, various water sources around the world have one contaminant or the other ranging from cysts, viruses, cysts, to lead, bacteria and even chemicals that were used to purify such water. Consuming water contaminated with any of the above can deal really damaging blows to your health.
This all comes down to the fact that you need a water purifier if you want to be assured of the quality of your drinking and household water. Water purifiers work by filtering out the contaminants out of the end product by one or more filtration technologies available.
The most common and widely used purification technology is the reverse osmosis system. This uses a semipermeable membrane to keep the contaminants out and let clean water pass through. Activated carbon is used as a filter also. The carbon absorbs impurities in the water and allows clean water to pass through.
Ultraviolet water purifiers use UV bulbs to kill bacteria in the water. This is very effective in killing bacteria but ineffective in keeping the bodies out of the treated water except when paired with another filtration technology. The most common and ideal combination is the RO+UV water purifiers. Read more about water purifiers in India from blogger Amrutha Jadhav .This purifier kill bacteria using the UV radiation then keeps the bodies out of the final product by filtering using the semipermeable membrane of the RO component.
What is a motor?
A motor is a little machine inside the cordless impact driver that converts the battery’s electrical energy into mechanical energy that turns the chuck.
The motor’s power is a continuation of torque and speed and is measured in watts. A tool with high wattage will higher torque at greater speeds, enabling it to work screws through tough materials.
The motors used in cordless impact wrenches are called DC motors and they are of two types; brushed motors and brushless motors.
Inside a brushed motor, there is an electromagnetic field with a current flowing through. The current has to be reversed constantly to keep the motor turning. This reverse is caused by the brushes inside the motor; this makes the motor turn.
Advantages of Brushed Motors
- The main advantage of brushed motors over brushless motors is the price. Brushed motors are less expensive to purchase than brushless motors.
- A cordless impact driver with brushed motor can be used in cold temperatures because it has no electronics.
- A brushed motor with replaceable brushes tends to last longer because the brushes can easily be replaced when faulty.
Disadvantages of Brushed Motors
- The friction between the brushes causes torque to decrease when speed increases.
- Brushed motors tend to create more noise than brushless motors.
- Brushed motors require regular maintenance because the brushes may need cleaning and/or replacing.
- They are less efficient at dissipating heat and overheating is capable of reducing the lifespan of the cordless impact driver.
As the name suggests, these motors don’t have brushes. Brushless motors are fairly recent and modern; a specialized controller called a hall effect sensor is used to keep the motor turning.
Brushless motors have come to be the motor of choice in cordless power tools because they have several advantages over brushed motors.
Advantages of Brushless Motors
- Brushless motors tend to be smaller so cordless impact drivers with brushless motors tend to be smaller with compact designs.
- These motors require little or no maintenance because of the absence of brushes.
- They produce less noise so they are quieter than brushed motors.
- Brushless motors are better at heat dissipation.
- These motors don’t have brushes so there is no friction, which means more torque can be delivered at higher speeds.
Disadvantages of Brushless Motors
- The major disadvantage of brushless motors is the price. They are more expensive than brushed motors.
Read more about best cordless wrenches on WrenchAdviser.com
Let’s admit it; nursing shoes are not the prettiest to look at. They sometimes come in dull colors and very thick soles capable of adding a few inches to your height. Nonetheless, the importance of these best nursing shoes cannot be overemphasized. These shoes are capable of providing the necessary comfort and safety needed during shifts.
Nursing students and registered nurses are aware of the stress that comes with the nursing profession. Nurses spend the most part of their shifts (which is usually 8-12 hours or more) on their feet; running, walking or standing. It is only fair that special attention is paid to such a vital part of the body with proper foot care practices and wearing the right shoes on the job. Let’s take a look at some importance of nursing shoes.
- Nursing shoes are designed specifically for nurses; their long working hours and stress are put into consideration during construction of the shoes. With their special design, they provide relief from stress, pain and other issues that may arise on the job. Normal shoes do not offer this much level of comfort and safety so using them during shifts may result to pain and strain.
- In most healthcare environments, a nurse is required to put on the full nursing regalia which include the shoe. So in most cases and hospitals around the world, nurses are obligated to wear nursing shoes. This does not only provide them comfort and safety; it also makes them look clean and professional.
- Nursing as a profession requires agility and fitness. The job is filled with so much activity; there’s hardly a dull moment. For this reason, nurses require shoes that can keep up with their busy shifts without giving way. These shoes are durable and provide the necessary comfort needed to live through the most stressful of shifts.
- Sick people are brought to hospitals to be treated and get better but a hospital is not the neatest of places. Nurses have to work in this environment that is filled with bacteria, occasional contact with blood and other things like chemicals. For this reason, nurses need protection from these things so they don’t fall sick themselves. The materials used in making nursing shoes make them impervious to liquids that could spill on them, making the feet safe.
Nurses play a vital role in the healthcare industry. They assist the doctor and also watch over the patients. We appreciate this set of people and want them to have good health just the way they want the same for us.