What is a motor?
A motor is a little machine inside the cordless impact driver that converts the battery’s electrical energy into mechanical energy that turns the chuck.
The motor’s power is a continuation of torque and speed and is measured in watts. A tool with high wattage will higher torque at greater speeds, enabling it to work screws through tough materials.
The motors used in best cordless impact wrenches are called DC motors and they are of two types; brushed motors and brushless motors.
Inside a brushed motor, there is an electromagnetic field with a current flowing through. The current has to be reversed constantly to keep the motor turning. This reverse is caused by the brushes inside the motor; this makes the motor turn.
Advantages of Brushed Motors
- The main advantage of brushed motors over brushless motors is the price. Brushed motors are less expensive to purchase than brushless motors.
- A cordless impact driver with brushed motor can be used in cold temperatures because it has no electronics.
- A brushed motor with replaceable brushes tends to last longer because the brushes can easily be replaced when faulty.
Disadvantages of Brushed Motors
- The friction between the brushes causes torque to decrease when speed increases.
- Brushed motors tend to create more noise than brushless motors.
- Brushed motors require regular maintenance because the brushes may need cleaning and/or replacing.
- They are less efficient at dissipating heat and overheating is capable of reducing the lifespan of the cordless impact driver.
As the name suggests, these motors don’t have brushes. Brushless motors are fairly recent and modern; a specialized controller called a hall effect sensor is used to keep the motor turning.
Brushless motors have come to be the motor of choice in cordless power tools because they have several advantages over brushed motors.
Advantages of Brushless Motors
- Brushless motors tend to be smaller so cordless impact drivers with brushless motors tend to be smaller with compact designs.
- These motors require little or no maintenance because of the absence of brushes.
- They produce less noise so they are quieter than brushed motors.
- Brushless motors are better at heat dissipation.
- These motors don’t have brushes so there is no friction, which means more torque can be delivered at higher speeds.
Disadvantages of Brushless Motors
- The major disadvantage of brushless motors is the price. They are more expensive than brushed motors.
My children received several DS Lite games this Christmas. My son received a nintendo game reading this post about stella glow characters and the game Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy. My 13 year old daughter received the new Bleach game and my 11 year old daughter received a Pokémon game.
The one I found most fun is; Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy Nintendo DS Lite game. As you progress through the game you game characters which you will need to switch to in the middle of a level to accomplish certain tasks. So far we have Princess Leah, Luke Skywalker, Obi Wan, R2D2, C3PO, Chewbacca and a Storm Trooper. Each one of these characters has different abilities.
A few examples:
Obi Wan has the force and with this he can open or use certain items in the game that Luke or Leah cannot touch.
The Storm Trooper has the ability to open certain doors.
R2D2 and C3PO use their tech abilities to open other doors or to use certain types of electronic items.
Of course these are not the only abilities these characters possess, but these are some of the first you will encounter.
During the game you also have the option to gather coins and kit parts. The coins of course are used to purchase items that you need and kit parts (different sizes) give you more points and allow you to build Lego kits, such as vehicles.
I am not a big DS Lite gamer, but this game has been quite fun. Sometimes my kids laugh at me because I am begging for help; especially when I keep falling. Although, for the most part, I have enjoyed this game; there is one downfall that seemed to jump out at me from the start. When you attempt to move your character, the character does not move straight. You may think you are going forward and the character goes sideways. If you are walking on a bridge or some other narrow item within the game, you fall off quite easily. If the makers of this game would just make the maneuvering a bit easier, this game would be so much better.
I have read other reviews that mention quite a few glitches. To be honest, my children don’t even notice these said glitches. All they are concerned about it whether or not the game is fun and playable. Lego Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy Nintendo DS Lite game has been fun for all in our family and to me, which speak volumes.
Let’s admit it; nursing shoes are not the prettiest to look at. They sometimes come in dull colors and very thick soles capable of adding a few inches to your height. Nonetheless, the importance of these best nursing shoes cannot be overemphasized. These shoes are capable of providing the necessary comfort and safety needed during shifts.
Nursing students and registered nurses are aware of the stress that comes with the nursing profession. Nurses spend the most part of their shifts (which is usually 8-12 hours or more) on their feet; running, walking or standing. It is only fair that special attention is paid to such a vital part of the body with proper foot care practices and wearing the right shoes on the job. Let’s take a look at some importance of nursing shoes.
- Nursing shoes are designed specifically for nurses; their long working hours and stress are put into consideration during construction of the shoes. With their special design, they provide relief from stress, pain and other issues that may arise on the job. Normal shoes do not offer this much level of comfort and safety so using them during shifts may result to pain and strain.
- In most healthcare environments, a nurse is required to put on the full nursing regalia which include the shoe. So in most cases and hospitals around the world, nurses are obligated to wear nursing shoes. This does not only provide them comfort and safety; it also makes them look clean and professional.
- Nursing as a profession requires agility and fitness. The job is filled with so much activity; there’s hardly a dull moment. For this reason, nurses require shoes that can keep up with their busy shifts without giving way. These shoes are durable and provide the necessary comfort needed to live through the most stressful of shifts.
- Sick people are brought to hospitals to be treated and get better but a hospital is not the neatest of places. Nurses have to work in this environment that is filled with bacteria, occasional contact with blood and other things like chemicals. For this reason, nurses need protection from these things so they don’t fall sick themselves. The materials used in making nursing shoes make them impervious to liquids that could spill on them, making the feet safe.
Nurses play a vital role in the healthcare industry. They assist the doctor and also watch over the patients. We appreciate this set of people and want them to have good health just the way they want the same for us.